Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thing 30

What a great series of trainings! I can't clap my hands loud enough in recognition of all the hard work that went into pulling all of this together for the enrichment of all participating VBPL staff... Kudos.

While I was previously aware of many of the sites and tools that we explored in this training, I was pleasantly surprised to find that there were many "things" that I was either completely unaware of or did not know the full potential of. Marrying these discovery exercises to library related services and concepts really brings them home for me in ways that looking at them for their own sake could not. I especially liked the pointed questions and discussion starters that helped me to focus my thoughts around how these new tools and gadgets could really make a difference in the way we do business here in library land. It is easy to become mired in the "this is how we have always done it" philosophical swamp, and these exercises were a great way of breaking out of that mold.

Finally, I especially enjoyed the collaborative aspect of the program, allowing and even encouraging staff to work through problems together for the benefit of all. It is my sincere hope that this strengthened spirit of teamwork and cooperation will continue to grow from this experience and will help an already wonderfully productive staff to work together even more smoothly in the future.

1 comment:

Cindy Hart said...

Thank you!

Congrats! You completed 30 Things, collaborated with peers and evolved as a lifelong learner.

Well done!