Monday, December 17, 2007

Facebook


As mentioned in my last post, I am not a big fan of Rupert Murdoch and his multimedia empire. Because of that dislike, which I will not elaborate on here, I have chosen to use Facebook as my online social networking outlet. Facebook works more with educational entities than other OSNs and this is another reason that I feel this service is a good fit for my purpose. I have many classmates who use Facebook, and since many of them have at least some interests in common with me, this just seems to be a natural choice.


Setting up an account in Facebook is very easy, as is adding content to my profile and searching for friends. Though my profile is very sparse right now, there seems to be many interesting ways to customize it without having it become overly visually confusing, a problem that seems to plague other services. I can't say that I have too much more to add about the process at this point, but I am sure that as I explore the ins and outs of the service I will have much more to discuss. With that in mind I will probably come back to this post to add any thoughts I have about the experience once I have more experience with it.
I know what you're thinking: "what does Matt in a kayak have to do with Facebook?"... well this is the picture I used on my profile, so there's your tie in.
PS. Come visit me on Facebook and we can make like friends :)

No comments: